12.07.2009

dear santa...

this is a conversation i had with one of my sisters
{who shall remain nameless to protect her identity}
about 22 years ago.

(sister enters my bedroom looking very wise indeed.)
sister: "you know santa clause?"
( i am reading on my bed, temporarily happy to be interrupted by said sister.)
me: "yeah"
sister: "and the tooth fairy, and easter bunny?"
me: "of course!"
sister: "they're not real."
me: "yeah right."
sister: "they're not. mom just told me. but i've kinda' known for a while."
me: "oh! {sad} wait, {hopeful} then how do we get all those presents?"
sister: "it's mom and dad. but she told me not to tell, so don't say anything."
me: "kay." {devastated}

and that is how i found out.


so now that i know the truth...

dear santa parents,
because ryan and i have been trying really hard to be good all year.
and because our bedroom is looking oh-so-blah!
we would love nothing more than to see this under the tree this year:

found here.
no, not the entire bed. just the duvet cover.

or...

found here.
this sea spray blue blanket.
and some fresh white sheets would be nice too.
sincerely,
us.


4 comments:

  1. Leah! Oh my, that is a devastating way to find out that Santa is not real!! And... we are going to be in and out of Logan. We'll be here mostly Sundays and a few other days, but because Jory works in Roy, were going to go stay down there so that he doesn't have to drive the canyon so much this month!! :S Scary! Are you guys going to wisconson or canada??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know right?

    i'm glad you guys will be around, i've got a christmas something for you.

    we'll be in canada this year. you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah! I am so happy you found my blog! I'm so happy to find yours :) I will definitely be stopping by again as well. Yay for blogging :)

    Also, that bedding looks lovely and that is so sad how you found out about Santa! I think that's how most younger siblings end up finding out, though. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good sarah, and yes, blogs sure make the world seem a lot smaller. and i'm ever so glad.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think about that...