10.17.2012

At Sunset

 
Looking out across the valley I think it is quite possible that nobody has ever appreciated any place as much as I do this place right now. And then the bells across the lake sound out, all five churches ringing simultaneously to mark the hour, and I am certain that nobody ever has.

Sunlight is melting into the mountaintops and I'm afraid to turn away, or blink, or hardly to breathe, for fear that it will all just disappear. So I remain still and silent. And in those minutes try my best to absorb it, to breathe it in, to memorize it.

Initially I left the house in pursuit of an adventure, but I have a feeling that tonight I will not get very far. I did not take the sorcery of a sunset into account.


As is always the case with sunsets, pictures simply do not do it justice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about that...