2.25.2013

The Evolution of our Lasagna

 

It's components are roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions with rosemary & garlic.
Pureed and then layered between spinach lasagna. 
With some chopped rotisserie chicken and sautéed mushrooms thrown in for good measure. 
(Zucchini was also part of my concept for this lasagna, but Ryan accidentally picked up two cucumbers instead.)
And then I smothered it in béchamel sauce and topped it all with sliced tomatoes and grated mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. 
It's the best thing we've had for dinner in weeks.
Cause I've had bronchitis for the past couple - it's been super awesome. Blah!
We ate half a small pan for dinner last night.
Finished it off today for lunch. 
And Ryan is already calling for the de-frostation of the extra one I made and froze as a quick back up for those nights when we'd rather do anything but cook.
I might cave and actually do that.
It was maybe the best lasagna I have ever eaten, definitely the best I've ever made. 
Seriously.

And so I don't forget, the recipe:
This made one large (9x13 deep) and one medium (10x7) pan
3 large sweet potatos
 4 carrots
1/2 large onion
1 T rosemary
Garlic, S & P - to taste (don't be stingy) 

This recipe for béchamel
except I only used 8 T butter.
 I also added garlic and 1 cup of parmesan cheese to the mixture at the end.
And an extra cup of milk to thin it out a little. 

1 box spinach pasta
1/2 rotisserie chicken
box of button mushrooms
3-4 large roma tomatoes
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese

Layer and bake covered with foil at 425 for 40 minutes.
Remove foil and brown cheese an additional 15.
Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.

But next time I think I'll skip the chicken and add those two sautéed zucchini instead.
The sweet potatoes make it so vegetable-y and creamy that I think that might just make it even a little bit better that way.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about that...