10.28.2008

Response to Purpose of Posting

In response to my earlier post on purpose of posting, I've determined that there are essentially two reasons why I blog.

First: Ryan and I love to be able to keep in touch with those we love the most and see the least.

Because we live so far from home and family it’s nice to be able to show, and not just tell, people what’s going on with us.

We are not guaranteeing exciting stuff on here, but if you ask “What’s up?” “What’s new?” or “How’s it going?” now the vocal telephone response can be coupled with this multimedia communication tool. Which we think is much more fun, and much more effective.

Second: sometimes there are things I’m excited about, thoughts that seem to overflow, and there are time when there is no other outlet for these self expressions.

If I can’t squeeze them into some school paper or assignment, or find suitable time to discuss them in daily conversation, these overflow thoughts will probably end up here.

So if you’re reading a post and wondering why the devil you’re spending time reading it, the answer is; I have no idea! But at least now you know why I posted it.
"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." Jesse Stuart

"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." Joan Didion

2 comments:

Tell me what you think about that...