9.20.2011

I am graduating graduate school this semester & I still feel this way:




"You get to graduate school and suddenly you are not the smartest person in the class anymore, You're surrounded by really smart people. This can be a shattering experience for entering grad students as they try to find their place... many grad students have a persistent feeling that they are hiding the shameful secret of how unutterably stupid they are. They feel like everybody else is smart, and they are the only dumb one in class. Often students live in fear of being found out - a common nightmare is that someday the admissions committee is going to realize they sent the wrong letter, that they were admitted by accident."




So I recognize that:
I was rarely the smartest person in class.
 I'm not entirely unutterably stupid.
I feel like an impostor & it's nice to know I'm not alone.
Hopefully I can walk away with my degree,
 before anybody figures it out.





4 comments:

  1. leah i dont know how ive missed the last few posts so here are all my comments:
    1. graduating graduate school. way to go girl- im jealous. congrats congrats! what an accomplishment.
    2. love the simple frames below. what a difference it makes, right? i love when you post projects.
    3. mexico! sounds like a blast. and such a fun party. way to ring in those thirties. makes me excited!
    all right, enough novels? okay. but one more thing... we miss you guys ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paige! And oh man, how we miss you guys around these parts! Our row just isn't the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about you don't walk away with your degree at all, but rather just stay here in the townhomes with us.... Or better yet, go on with your doctorate. Then you really would be smart! hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, maybe we're already planning on that, you'll just have to wait and see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think about that...