11.01.2011

Halloween 2011



Yesterday was like a crazy string of halloween miracles!

1. First, I rushed home with candy just in time for the very first trick-or-treaters of the night.

2. Then, because chili is the most halloween-y of all food, naturally we were making a wendy's run to pick some up when lo & behold our friends came strolling around the corner with proffers of chili and donuts. Donuts being the second most halloween-y of all food. It was all so perfectly delightful!

3. Later, as we are basking in the perfectly halloween-ness of our feast, I turned to Ryan & asked if we should run and see if hocus pocus was available to rent anywhere. What do you think was the first thing on as soon as we flipped on our TV? Yep, hocus pocus was just beginning.

Our complete unpreparedness for the holiday did nothing to stifle halloween from coming.
To top it all off we had the most trick-or-treaters we've ever had, which made me inordinately happy.
And, lucky for us, we decorated pumpkins on October first, way back during conference
so we were not pumpkin-less.

I don't think these happenings were mere coincidence, or due to luck or to halloween magic, I count these little blessings as tender mercies from the Lord who knew that they would mean quite a lot to me. 







5 comments:

  1. I noticed your beautiful pumpkins at the pie party. I adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. those pumpkins are adorable. you put martha to shame leah!

    2. i am now craving donuts. where is a tim horton's when i need it?!?!

    3. tender mercies are pretty incredible. that seems like such a trite thing to say---but i am always filled with such awe when i think of just how much the lord looks out for us--even in little things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's official: You take better pictures than I do. I always wonder why your blog looks so glamorous and why everything you do looks amazing. I chalked it up to the fact that everything you do IS glamorous and amazing and that you have nicer dishes/furniture/etc....

    However, the picture of our dinner looks a million times better than when I took a picture of it. And so, my conclusion is: not only are you an amazing, glamorous person, but that you take much better pictures than I do. Thanks for making everything look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hocus Pocus is pretty much the best Halloween movie or all time. I watched it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kachiri!

    Mercedes, you would not believe the deliciousness of these donuts - homed no less, yum! And how right you are, it sounds trite but it never feels trite.

    Crystal, Ryan says to tell you anytime you want your food photographed, just bring some on over. :) It was delicious, a million thanks!

    Kristen, it really is the best, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think about that...